Sunday 1 August 2010

Long time no see...

Time for an update I think. Its been a little while and a lot has happened in my life since I last blogged.

My Aunt passed away from her cancer and we have the funeral this coming Thursday. Its odd at the minute it doesn't feel all that real but I know that the funeral will change all that. So, Thursday will be a traumatic and emotional day.

I also spent a morning in A&E myself with my back/side pain. Blood tests, painkillers and urine tests followed and after a period of four hours they still had no idea what was wrong with me. Now I am waiting until the 23rd August for a full abdominal scan and praying like mad that they can find the cause for this pain. Its frustrating as I will manage for a day without any pain and then it comes back slowly engaging itself until it takes over everything. It makes it hard to concentrate, impossible to sleep and generally pisses me off to be blunt.

I have also had an assessment at the CMHT (Community Mental Health Team). After 101 questions ranging from sleep disturbances to suicidal thoughts etc. The outcome, well I would benefit from some counselling although due to the mess the Labour government left this country in I now have to wait four months before I can see anyone. Lets hope the suicidal urges don't take over in the meantime eh..

Despite the cynical mood I am seeing someone called a Mental Health Employment Advisor, which I have been told is a glorified careers advisor with thorough knowledge of the issues involved in the work place for people with mental health issues. Lets hope they can help as I know returning to my current place of work is a non starter.

Ahhh its all good fun, or character building as they say...

1 comment:

Shane said...

Good one you for doing the right thing re the knocked-over dog (prev. post).

I hope you're not much more than a hop, step and jump from a combined remedy to your work and painful back problems. Perhaps like yourself, I find it useful to keep a check on the cynicism.