Saturday 7 August 2010

Puss Cat is home

Well, since yesterdays post I have fetched home Jinx cat and spent most of the night running round after him. He came home in a big blue victorian collar, one of those big cone things if your not sure what I mean and was still heavily sedated.
As a result he had no sense of balance and was walking around like he was on ice and bumping into things, falling off the sofa and getting stuck trying to enter his covered litter tray. I rushed round making adjustments for him and throwing away his dry biscuits which he is no longer allowed.
Anyone wanting any Iams and Whiskas let me know I have recently bought lots in reduced price offers and he isn't allowed it anymore.
After chatting to my sponsor and seeing him struggle so much getting around the house and looking so, so depressed the collar was off. He was immediately much happier and although still unsteady he was able to drink without drowning himself at the same time.

Now, well now he is sat across from me in the living room, his big sedated eyes are going back to normal size, he has had a good clean and not bothering his sore bits at all. He is having lots of little wees but doesn't seem to be straining like he was prior to the blockage plus having had a catheter in he may well feel like he has a fuller bladder more.

The costs; Well I was fairly surprised to be honest knowing the primary consultation was a minimum of £90 I was preparing myself to be charged £300+ but it came to just over £180. Ok, admittedly not cheap but worth every single penny in my opinion. The special food though that is going to be the big killer. He has to have it for roughly six months but once this has occurred the chance of it happening again is high so it is recommended they stay on the food for life.
£9 for 9 pouches of meat from the vets and he will need two of those a day. A big of time and google has lead me to find some cheaper suppliers but still we are talking of at least a tripling in his normal food costs.

He is worth it though. It is so good to have him home, I spent most of the night awake checking on him and watching him sleep on the bed next to me.

Its all looking up...

No comments: