Saturday 3 July 2010

Pain

Today has been a wierd day, well actually no yesterday now but anyway it was still wierd.

I got awoken several times in the night for different reasons but mainly by my Nurse Practitioner at 8.30am. To tell me I dont have a kidney infection, so the constant and near agonising pain I am experiencing in my back and the white blood cells in my urine sample.. mmm. Well she is refering me for a scan at my local hospital so hopefully it will show some reason for this pain. I have to admit it is driving me insane, its so crippling and just there all the time. Even the super strong co-codamol which I dont like to take anyway, are only just scraping the snow off the mountain of pain.

Its so frustrating it is normally mainly in my right flank, however Thursday I also spent the day with extreme nausea and hot sweats. Now, I am suffering with a pain that is right across the back in both the left and right Kidney areas. With the depression I am struggling with due to work stress and am currently signed off work for it is just getting too much. It disrupts my sleep so much its almost intolerable.

My GP in earlier appointments blamed muscular problems for the pain but nothing is helping, not pain relief, not my TENs machine, not exercise, not rest, not heat ... Nothing. What do I have to do to get this agony to end?

I am hoping to return to work on Monday, albeit on reduced hours etc but if this doesn't ease I just don't know if I can cope.

2 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

If you've ruled out kidney infection, have you had a proper massage or seen an osteopath to check for muscular and skeletal problems?

Is there a possibility it could be endometriosis? Does the pain coincide with what would be the bleeding part of your cycle?

ShySarah said...

Thank you Joanna. Interesting thoughts. I am being refered for a scan which may help, although last time showed nothing.

Now a massage or osteopath could be a very good idea I will have to do some googling on those.

The endo I doubt I don't have a cycle anymore a combination of past depo provera injections and PCOS has ravaged me and no cycle for a year sadly.
Thanks for taking time to join me x