Thursday 3 June 2010

Welcome to my world

Well.. here we are an attempt at a blog from me.

First of lets make a start with explaining the Blog name.. The Peeling Label.. well it kind of suits me I have a multitude of labels which have been attached to me at one time or another and a lot of them are being to loose their sticky..
Ones such as;

Daughter,
Sister,
Woman,
Employee

those kind of labels are ok, they denote who I am, where I fit in my family but there are others not quite so, shall we say conducive to a happy person;

Epileptic,
Depressive,
Singleton,
Bisexual,
Obese,
Addict,
Blonde,

I could continue but why should I, if I really went for it I could have easily one for each of my 31 years but when I look back do I or in fact any of us 'fit' a label or into the metaphorical box of the labels. Probably not.. for example I am an epileptic ..BUT, and yes its a big but I have fully medication controlled epilepsy, I have not had a seizure in ten years.
So, does the label still fit?
Is it starting to peel slightly at the edges?
Is my metaphorical box giving at the corners?

Interesting. Or maybe not.... depends on your labels are they loosing their adhesive or have they dropped off ..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't let the labels define you, you're more than a bunch of words.

Oh, and carry on blogging, it's a good start