Sunday 27 June 2010

Intimacy

Intimacy. For some this is a wonderful thing, for others it a terrifying thought.

Intimacy is both emotional and physical.In fact I think that the emotional side of intimacy is essential for the physical side to be felt. It is fine we can feel close to each other being held or having intercourse but the chemistry the metaphorical spark is essential for it not to be just an animal act and move it into being physical intimacy.

For me, intimacy can be both wonderful and frightening. It can make me feel warm, safe and comfortable to the very centre of my soul and can also strike fear into me.

Is it trust?..

I think so, I find it personally hard to trust someone not to hurt me both physically and emotionally.

For me personally intimacy and trust are directly linked.

I read something last night which struck me to the core...

....'having sex with Benton is how we exchange energy and empower each other and belong to each other and communicate with each other and are reminded we exist'...
(Patricia Cornwell, The Scarpetta Factor)

What a wonderful thought..

3 comments:

Ceeej said...

Umm, wow... I'm gonna have to watch you if you keep on writing like that aren't I...

Joanna Cake said...

Good stuff! There is no doubt in my mind that the more intense orgasms I am experiencing recently are linked to the mental and emotional connection.

We were always good before but, since my separation, there are far fewer barriers and we truly can attain a physical intimacy that encompasses the holy trinity :)

ShySarah said...

Yeah, I am with you there Joanna x

Thanks Ceeej I keep working on it hun x